This and That - 2008
(a family page)
The Grape (aka the BarneyCar - soon
to be delivered to Julie in
· Dinner at the Casablanca in Alexandria, where we saw belly dancing.
· A Week in London! (Scroll down for photo links)
Meredith played the part of Rizzo in the
· Julie and Tommy: Engagement photo.
· Meredith has graduated from high school! (6/17/08)
· Julie’s wedding, on 25 July 2008, was a great success! (She shed no tears of disappointment.) Bridal shower at the Best’s house. The beautiful bride. Julie and Tommy. Exiting the Washington D.C. Temple. Outside the Temple. Cutting the cake. (The cake.) At the sign. Bridesmaids. The Five Families.
· Also, on 7/29 we had some Julie and Tommy photos taken in Washington D.C.: By the Arlington Bridge, Potomac in background, Washington Monument in background, a clinch, Setting sun, By the Jefferson Monument, Jefferson Monument steps, At the Jefferson Monument.
August saw us in
· Meredith, no stranger to adventuresome photography, took a shot of her toes on some red, St. George, Utah sand in September.
· My son Simpsonized himself and his wife Sarah.
· On 10/4 we had a yard sale. Made $110!
· In October, I once again did the Cedar Creek event, this time with my pards Don Tracey and Chris Olsen. It was Don’s first event in fifteen years! Here we are – the scourge of the Confederacy.
· When I awaken in the morning I see sunlight streaming through the plastic Venetian blinds, making a pattern on the window sheers. This looks artsy to me, especially when gray-scaled into black and white.
· While doing some house trim painting I spotted this cute little raccoon on our neighbor’s front lawn. When I approached with the Nikon and the telephoto lens, he fled under their porch after shooting me this fretful look. Now it’s official – I’m getting old. I’m posting cutesy animal photos on a website.
· Family photo, 21 December 2008 – Meredith is home for the holidays from college!
· Christmas present: I got a new Canon point-and-shoot to replace the Nikon Coolpix stolen earlier this year.
Click here for my list of which family-friendly films to rent and which to avoid. Many years in the making... I don't update this much anymore. I leave it here primarily to assist parents to avoid that fidgety feeling with recent entertainment.
Click here to see scans of
old family photos. For extended
· My famous relatives. I have no doubt that there are more, but they are as yet undiscovered.